Sharks & Game Tour
SHARK CAGE DIVING || BUSH SAFARI
5 Departure Points
Depart from any of the following locations:
George, Knysna, Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, Plettenberg Bay
All Entrance Fees and Lunch Included.
Our prices on this tour include all entrance fees to any excursion within the tour itinerary as well as a lunch.
Courteous Drivers and Guides
Spacious vehicles with qualified, competent and legal guides and drivers. View our fleet page for more info on our vehicle assets.
This Garden Route town is a hot holiday spot and one of the ports of South Africa. It is set on the sun-washed slopes of Cape St Blaize, overlooking the expansive bay, and against the blue-black backdrop of the Outeniqua Mountains. Accommodation in Mossel Bay ranges from upmarket hotels to comfortable B&B’s, holiday apartments and luxury homes with fabulous views.
Mossel Bay lies halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, close to the towns of Swellendam, Outdshoorn, Plettenberg Bay and Knysna on the Garden Route and is synonymous with the Mossgas project, where offshore gas fields are mined for gas that is then converted into petroleum. Despite this obvious industrial leaning, Mossel Bay has a tradition of unhurried hospitality and there is sufficient natural beauty in the town and its surrounds to make a stopover essential. Mossel Bay features in the Guiness Book of Records as having the mildest all-year climate in the world, second only to Hawaii. Add to this the long stretch of beaches, the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, a championship golf course or two and Mossel Bay becomes an ideal retreat for both summer and winter.
VIEW TOUR MAP DEPARTING FROM:
GEORGE | KNYSNA | MOSSEL BAY | OUDTSHOORN
DAY TOUR LOCATIONS
AT A GLANCE
Shark Cage Diving
The trip from the dock to the shark site is only about ten minutes so there is no long and tedious boat ride. To find the sharks we have to bait and chum. The baits and chum are natural marine products. Once we have sharks at the boat, the cage will go into the water and the diving will begin. Topside viewing is exciting for the non-diver and as the shark works very close to the surface you will have plenty of opportunity to take some action shots. A trip generally lasts for +- four hours and we offer a light lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat.
After all this excitement we head to Botlierskop for a guided game drive. Experiencing close range free roaming animals in open 4×4 Vehicles with experienced and qualified Game Rangers. Free roaming game such as Rhino, Giraffe, Buffalo, Lions, bush bucks and many more before returning to the Hotel.
Tour Additional Info
- Rates are subject to availability on confirmation and are valid until 30 September 2020.
- Rates are subject to change due to activity operator price adjustments and volatile fuel price changes.
- Advertised vehicles are subject to availability.
- All toll fees included where applicable.
- Luggage trailers included upon request.
- Porterage & Gratuity are not included in any fare.
- Waters are not included but can be supplied at an additional cost of
R12 per 330ml unit or R15 per 500ml unit.
- Driver overnight fee may apply for long distance transfers. This will either be
for the client’s account or will be charged for separately.
- Bar bill during lunch
- A waiting fee will be raised at R 250 per hour/part thereof for deviation
from agreed departure time. This does not apply to delayed flights.
- It is by law a requirement that all vehicles with guests on board have a
name list and detailed itinerary.
- Full Day tours are strictly from 08:00 to 17:00 or 09:00 to 18:00.
- Half Day tours are strictly 5 hours – AM or PM.