Montagu Pass & Herold Wines
5 Departure Points
Depart from any of the following locations:
George, Knysna, Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, Plettenberg Bay
All Entrance Fees and Lunch Included.
Our prices on this tour include all entrance fees to any excursion within the tour itinerary as well as a lunch.
The Heart of the Garden Route and capital of the Southern Cape, George is the ideal hub from which to explore the diverse scenery and natural wonders of its surrounding areas.
The town of George is central to South African Garden Route in the Western Cape province and is the sixth oldest town in South Africa – the first founded under British rule – and was named after the reigning monarch in 1811, King George III.
The Outeniqua forests were the reason the Dutch East India Company, in 1776, established a woodcutters outpost on the site of what became George in 1811. It was declared a drostdy by the Earl of Caledon on 23 April 1811. George gained municipal status in 1837.
VIEW TOUR MAP DEPARTING FROM:
DAY TOUR LOCATIONS
AT A GLANCE
Depart George and prepare for a scenic tour of the Montagu Pass. Part romantic, part scary, the dusty road through the Outeniqua Mountains is steeped in history and stories. Built by convicts in the 1840s, the pass was one of only a few roads that connected the Karoo and the coast, and was considered to have revolutionized travel and transport in the region.
Hidden away at the top of this pass is a little gem, Herold Wines which has a variety of wines with cheese platters to the liking of the connoisseur.
Return via the Outeniqua Pass.
Tour Additional Info
- Rates are subject to availability on confirmation and are valid until 30 September 2020.
- Rates are subject to change due to activity operator price adjustments and volatile fuel price changes.
- Advertised vehicles are subject to availability.
- All toll fees included where applicable.
- Luggage trailers included upon request.
- Porterage & Gratuity are not included in any fare.
- Waters are not included but can be supplied at an additional cost of
R12 per 330ml unit or R15 per 500ml unit.
- Driver overnight fee may apply for long distance transfers. This will either be
for the client’s account or will be charged for separately.
- Bar bill during lunch
- A waiting fee will be raised at R 250 per hour/part thereof for deviation
from agreed departure time. This does not apply to delayed flights.
- It is by law a requirement that all vehicles with guests on board have a
name list and detailed itinerary.
- Full Day tours are strictly from 08:00 to 17:00 or 09:00 to 18:00.
- Half Day tours are strictly 5 hours – AM or PM.